Thursday, June 27, 2013

Robotics 2 // Out of this world and a Tutorial

Hello Everyone!
I'm sharing today a very simple technique for creating backgrounds using acrylic paints and plastic wrap tissue paper. Many crafters use this technique, but I am sharing how I do it, and hope that you will try it.
Supplies:
Tissue paper
Gel Medium
Mini canvas
Acrylic paints: Bronze
Gelatos
Painting Brush
Procedure:
  • Give a base coat of bronze acrylic paint to mini canvas.
  • Tear white tissue paper and crumple.
  • Open gently, you don't want to loss all the fabulous folds.
  • Cover the canvas with gel medium.
  • Add the paper, careful to maintain the folds.
  • Seal the paper with gel medium, be gentle with the brush, we don't want to tear the paper.
  • Allow to dry.
  • Paint this complete surface with bronze acrylic paint.
  • Color the raised surface with a turquoise Gelatos.
  • Add a little turquoise paint, I like to use my fingers, feel that I have more control of the amount of paint added.
  • Allow to dry.
  • Adhere your colored image and Sentiment with gel medium.
  • Add your decorations.
Here is the final project:
Image used: Robotics 2 // Out of this world
Hope you liked the tutorial and have fun creating.
I would like to enter this project in the following challenges:
Thanks!
Love,
Julia

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for joining us for our very first challenge at the Hobby House
Hugs Kate xx

Cathy P said...

Great tutorial and a wonderful canvas. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Sister Act Card Challenge this week.
Cathy xx

Elena V. said...

Fantastic!! I saw it on Make it Monday.

lalkygirl said...

wow what a fab creation ,thanks for sharing the tutorial
Thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
tracey x

lalkygirl said...

wow what a fab creation ,thanks for sharing the tutorial
Thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
tracey x

Unknown said...

This is an amazing tutorial. thanks so much for sharing it with the world. Great little piece of art.
Hugs,
Aletha

Crafting Vicky said...

ohhhhh wow this is soooo awesome. what a great background. I'm going to have to try this out and hope that I succeed as nicely as you have done.

Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

TangledBlueRose said...

ooooo I love this technique! It is so gorgeous! I have to try, book marked so I remember, so much good stuff!
~kim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...